absolutely random

Monday, October 23, 2006

happiness

i am happy. althought this may not come as a life-shattering announcement to most, it is very good news for me. i have struggled with many years now with seasons of depression and disillusionment that often comes with the post-graduation/early twenty-something/cross-country moving/job changing young adult life. but i can can gladly and confidently state that i currently feel the most content and peaceful that i have ever felt in my adult life.
i'm sure that there was a time perhaps in my childhood that i could have said that i was happy because we had chocolate ice cream and i got to play with my friends. even though ice cream and friends still make me happy that is not the happiness of which i speak of today. today i am referring to a deeper and utterly more meaningful happiness that does not melt or move away. of course being a newlywed has something to do with this happiness and my life with my hubby has been bliss-filled. it could have something to do with the fact that i have a job with an organization that i can whole-heartedly support and cares for me on an individual level. my state of happiness could also be a result of the fact that i am putting to good use my bible college education through my church.
but i think that my happiness comes from all of these combined and more. i am happy becuase for once in my life i am not debating if i am in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. for the first time in a very long time i feel happily grounded and growing exactly where i have been planted. i pray for this depth of happiness to continue and i thank God for letting me feel it.
i'm going to have some ice cream with friends now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home