absolutely random

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

a brief introduction

Okay..so I got a little carried away with my thoughts that I forgot to introduce myself and the point of this little site. Most of those who will be wandering across this information will be my friends and/or family members and already know me. However, for those of you who are lucky enough to find this nugget of wisdom and joy amongst the vastness of cyberspace allow myself to introduce...myself (an Austin Powers reference...just so no one thinks I've lost it).
As you can already guess...I like to talk and writing in something like this is almost as good as having a conversation where you are the one that gets to do all the talking! I am an extreme extrovert and am suprised that I have not given in to pop culture and peer pressure to divulge my thoughts earlier than today. I guess the feeling of sharing psuedo-intimate thoughts with complete strangers through the miracle that is modern technology was a little forboding. But I am attempting it anyway...even if I am the only one who finds this site entertaining.
I will spare you my life's history and do as little name-dropping as possible so that you can keep up. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs in a little village called Westmont. I came from the block where everyone has fenced in yards, two cars, two kids, and a cat or dog. We really did have block parties every year...it was awesome. I went to the same small school district my entire elemetary and secondary education. My college education came from Lincoln Christian College, a small private college in the middle of nowhere Illinois. It was a very small school and I loved it. I moved to Cincinnati for grad school, where I promptly left my program and have been working excessive hours as a waitress and coffee shop barista. Let me tell you one thing...school is easier. So now I am planning on moving to Miami, Florida in September to pursue an inner-city ministry internship for a yaer. After that....who knows. But I'm sure I'll keep everyone who visits this site up to date with my oh-so-exciting life. So keep checking...I don't even know what I'll say half the time.

4 Comments:

  • Hey Juliet!

    So good to hear from you and what is going on in your life! I look forward to reading more . . . especially as you plan to move to Miami. Sounds exciting! We are in Rochester, IL at the Christian Church. David is the Minister of Creative Arts and we love the people. . . he loves all the gadgets and technical stuff. But I think that is a guy thing! : ) I will continue to check in on your blog for future postings!

    By Blogger Jarretts, at 9:29 AM  

  • Welcome to the bloggin bandwagon! I'm looking forward to reading your posts. You could always make me laugh! So it should be fun... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

  • woohoo! now you finally have something to do for the summer when you work the slow hours in the coffee haus

    By Blogger John, at 12:29 PM  

  • Hi Juliet,

    I found this site while checking "recently updated blogs". Did you know that Barista is a national coffee shop chain in India? It's like Starbucks, just more high profile (read expensive!). I'll be checking up for future blogs because you have had an interesting life no doubt. I am also at a really small undergrad private school, about 1500 students.

    Joy

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home