absolutely random

Sunday, June 06, 2004

i hate cell phones

Me and cell phones, or shall I say cell phones and I have a love hate relationship. Recently my cell phone decided to frustrate me by refusing to work. It began last weekend while I was traveling to a friend's wedding. I was the maid of honor and had a lot of running around to do and was really looking forward to communicating with people by cell phone....but alas my plans were thwarted by my evil and unresponsive cell phone. It would tease me with a signal....just to loose it exactly when I pushed the button to make a call. I would think to myself...surely you are smarter than a cell phone and you can sneak in a call before it looses the signal again...not so much. So I made it through the weekend cell phone free. Because I work two jobs and enjoy sleeping in my spare time, it took me a week to have the opportunity to drive up to Ye Old Cell Phone Shoppe, which shall remain nameless at this point in time. I then tested my patience by waiting in line for what seemed like an eternity (and in reality was aproximately an hour and a half, aparantly eternity is shorter than we thought). The woman behind the customer service counter than gave me a replacement phone and I was overjoyed at the thought of having my cell phone once again at my disposal. I checked my v-mail with extreme elation and found that people were baffled that I had not 1. answered my phone or 2. called them back. Unfortunatly I could not let them know my cell phone was not working...becuase my cell phone was not working. One message in particular warrented a call-back, but unfortunately I had to go to work...so I would wait to call that person back until later. But later was not to be...for in that short time that I was working my cell phone (that is my NEW cell phone) also decided to revolt against it's supposed purpose and refuse to work. So now I must travel back up to Ye Old Cell Phone Shoppe and ask for yet another phone...which I am sure will stop working. I hate cell phones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home