absolutely random

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

bad dreams?

Do you ever have the dream where you either have to be somewhere important or you have to get something done in a certain amount of time and everything seems to go wrong? In this dream you constantly forget things or lose things and people keep getting in your way and it seems as though you will never actually get to your destination or finish your project. For me this bad dream is currently my reality.
I have been attempting to complete and mail my support letters for my internship in Miami this fall and everything keeps going wrong. I feel as though I am that frustrated little hamster spinning madly in my wheel while the actual goal just keeps getting farther and farther away and I am making no progress at all. All I want to do is send out support letters to my friends and family so that I can afford to go to Miami for a year and minister to Latino kids. That's all. But right now it seems like this impossible task. First, I have no home computer and so I use the computer at the coffeehouse I work at...no big deal until the printer runs out of ink about 2/3 of the way through my letters. Fine, I just run to Staples to get a new cartridge. Except when I bring in the cartridge to find its full-of-ink counterpart, the people at Staples stare at me with utter confusion as if I had brought in a shard of an alien spaceship or asked for plutonium. Needless to say, I did not find my cartridge. However, I also needed more envelopes, so I do find those. I return to the coffehouse cartridge-free and ready to atleast finish what I could of the printed copies only to run out of stamps. So I get back in my car and go to the post office where I get my stamps.
I tell my sob story to a friend and she prints off the needed extra copies of the letter. Then I realize that I need more copies of the response cards...so I print those off at another friend's house. I assemble everything in my living room and feel as though I might actually complete something. I carefully stuff each envelope and seal and address them all. All that was left was to put stamps on them. But I can't find my stamps. I would like to know how 100 stamps can just dissapear, but they have. So now my letters are sitting in a box ready to be mailed and I have to go back to the post office and by more stamps. I'm sure as soon as I do the letters will spontaniously burst into flames or something of the sort. I'll let you know.

4 Comments:

  • Ahhhh the joys of support raising.

    There's nothing like printing 100 letters on an inkjet printer because you don't have access to a copier.

    At least last time I raised support, I DID have access to a mail meter at work. You can't beat free postage.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:07 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Juliet, at 2:58 PM  

  • Hey Juliet . . . I'm gonna give you a little tech support here . . .

    On Amanda's link you need to add the http://

    On Mellie's remove the 2004/06/moving.html

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:32 AM  

  • Thanks Eric!

    By Blogger Juliet, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home