absolutely random

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Will I be the only one left?

My little sister is pregnant. Two of my best friends are getting married within a year of dating the men they are marrying. I think I'm equal parts thrilled and sad at the same time. I'm thrilled for new life and for new marriages (especially marriages that I endorse whole-heartedly!). However, I'm sad becuase I feel that once again I am getting left behind. The friends and family that I used to have so much in common with are passing me by and I am plugging away in Miami...tolerating it, but no way at home with it. They are "settling down" and I am beginning to be known as their crazy friend/sister who doesn't have the same address two years in a row and has a different boyfriend every couple of years. It makes me feel alone.
I still don't know what I want to "do with my life." Do I go to grad school and get my MSW, do I teach, do I just stick with the not-for-profit world, do I work at at church? Here, there, everywhere...I don't have a permanent address or a home phone number, or a personal computer. I'm in debt becuase of living a year of service. I'm just not too thrilled with my situation right now. I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy or even understanding....I'm just venting. I'll probably erase this later.

4 Comments:

  • WOW! She's pregnant, well your mom will be thrilled to be a Grandma. And I don't think of you as my crazy friend. I think you are my beautiful, talented, loyal friend. Miss you! p.s. we need to talk soon

    By Blogger John, at 1:05 PM  

  • Well since you don't want any sympathy and understanding, then I won't give you any. I do kind of understand though, since I'm in a similar situation, but there is one key differents: I have a personal computer. HA!!!

    So, since I'm giving you neither sympathy or understanding, I'll just say hey!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:48 AM  

  • Sometimes we want to erase parts of our lives... but we can't.

    Blogs you can though... If it makes you feel powerful, go for it.

    You are awesome.

    By Blogger John, at 2:22 PM  

  • you guys are great. thanks for the virtual hugs.

    By Blogger Juliet, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home