absolutely random

Saturday, March 17, 2007

A rabbit named Jazz

So...we got a bunny. He's ridiculously cute. I'm happy becuase I had to give my chinchilla back to his original home with his chinchilla family (and my aunt, uncle, and cousins) after we got married becuase we couldn't afford his ongoing health needs- he had really bad teeth and needed constant vet care for the rest of his life. I really missed him and have always had a pet of one kind or another since I was a kid. So after a significant time petless Rocky finally gave in. We found him in a pet store and we've named him Jazz. Technically I'm not even sure he's a he, but it really doesn't matter since he's our only rabbit.
Here are some pics of Jazz, enjoy!

In his litterbox...we're working on housebreaking him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nibbling on some hay.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here you can see how tiny he is next to Rocky's shoe.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He looks a little demonic with the red-eye thing, but you get the point.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 Comments:

  • when i was a kid, i loved animals. (i'm not responsible enough to have any as an adult) but one year for easter, my uncle gave me a rabbit. i named her susie. eventually, when she died i was sooooo sad that my other uncle gave me another rabbit. but this uncle isn't very smart. he caught me a rabbit from "the wild." i still remember that rabbit going crazy and gnawing off it's own paw. "mommy, why is my bunny eating his own paw?" i guess the moral of this story is only buy rabbits from pet stores. (:

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 PM  

  • how cute! when i was little my uncle bought me a rabbit for easter; i named her suzi. she was a great pet! i remember when she died i was so upset. my other-not-so-bright-uncle tried to replace her for me. instead of going to the pet store and buying me one, he caught one in the "wild." i'll never forget how crazy that rabbit went when we put her in a cage. she actually started gnawing off her own paw. that was definitely more traumatic than suzie dying. nice try uncle todd. (:

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

  • i posted both becuase it is a hilarious story and worth reading twice!! thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Juliet, at 6:36 PM  

  • oops sorry! i just thought i didn't type in the word verification thing correctly when it didn't automatically post. sorry about that! by the way, the verification was w's and v's all smushed together! it was the most difficult one i've seen before!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • Kim's story is HILARIOUS! I'm not a big animal person, but I would have to say after having a rabbit gnaw off its own paw that would definitely be it for me!! Hope you are enjoying Jazz! I'm sure it will be nice to have some company when Rocky is gone!

    By Blogger Jarretts, at 11:46 PM  

  • he is so cute! i got a pet rabbit one year from my grandparents for easter but since we had a dog at home, my rabbit (named spunky) stayed at my grandparents house. so he really ended up being more of my grandmother's rabbit than mine. i don't know where they bought him but thankfully there were no paw-gnawing incidents. good luck with him!

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 12:51 PM  

  • Just wanted to say hi! Hope you enjoy your fluffy one and hope things are well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home