absolutely random

Thursday, June 10, 2004

a long days journey into night

Yesterday was quite a long day for me. I'm not talking about the "work both jobs till your ready to pass out busy," but an emotionally busy day. I'm still feeling the aftermath of it today. I finally accomplished the seemingly impossible of sending out the remainder of my support letters. It was a great feeling, but I was also nervous. I have been so consumed with the process of the actual letters that I really didn't think about the results- will the $6000 that I need come in? But that was answered as I already receieved my first letter back last night. Praise God for giving me the reminder that he is in control and will provide everything that I need just when I need it most! I nearly cried.
I also had my last Bible Study last night. This amazing group of people have been such an integral part of my life these past two years. Many of them have seen me ball my eyes out as I searched for the words to express my pain and frustration. They have been there through me starting grad school and leaving grad school, two break-ups, my sister's wedding...and a long list of events. I know that I wouldn't be the Christian that I am without each one of them and the unique contributions that they have all made to my life. It is such a blessing to have strong Christian friends who care for you so deeply. I will miss them all so much next year. Even though we usually just made fun of each other...some of the most poinent conversations of my life took place within that group. I am crying while writing this and my heart feels an overwhelming sensation of gratitude.
After all of this, I also went out with my roomie last night to a late-night chick flick. It was such an unrealistic story-line, but spurred us both into a world of fairy tales where true love conquers all. I wish I could say that this affected me deeply, but all I could feel when I got out of the theatre was disbelief...I think I'm turning into a permanant relationship skeptic. It's not as though I've dated lots of people, because I haven't...it's just that those I have dated I truly cared for and I felt so dissillusioned when things didn't work out the way that I had pictured in my romance fairy tale. I'm not going to throw in the towel and become a spinster at the ripe old age of 23, but a little romance certainly wouldn't kill me. All I want is someone I like to like me back...it's not an absurd request. We'll see.
So I leave you now after my emotional rollercoaster of a day with this thought: Every day has an equal chance of becoming extraordinary. I know it sounds like a cheasy motivational speaker catch phrase...but I believe it, so back off! Watch it be a patented phrase and I'll get sued for being an optimist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home