absolutely random

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

i like preaching

there it is folks. whether you endorse women preaching or not...i've done it and i loved it! i have actually had the opportunity in miami to preach about four times now and i totally dig it. i had the hardest time getting past my previous church roles and pushing the envelope a little. but i love dissecting the word of god and presenting it to his children. i love the exhaustion that i feel after i am done and the spirit has used up a good chunk of me. i can rarely remember what all i say and in that i take comfort knowing that somewhere in my ramblings god spoke and i listened along with everyone else. i like preaching. it feels natural for me and i feel as though i have shyed away from it for alltogether too long. aren't we all called to the same mission of spreading the word of god and builiding each other up in the faith? aren't we all christians? male, female, young and old? i know that god has given me a voice and a faith and a knowledge of his word to share it with others...not to sit on it like some giant goose on her golden egg. so i will preach until i feel like my time has passed.

3 Comments:

  • You should come preach in Cincinnati.

    It's about time to come back.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:29 PM  

  • it is about time for me to come by Cincy, but with all my friends gettin' hitched I just can't afford it. maybe if i move back to Chicago for a little while i'll visit on my drive up!

    By Blogger Juliet, at 10:42 AM  

  • i don't think women should ever preach ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home