absolutely random

Friday, November 26, 2004

the house

I am now, for your reading enjoyment and my entertainment, going to make a list of things that have happened in our house in Miami since we moved in.
1. No hot water for the first two weeks. Found out there were not one, but two huge leaks in our house. It required a jackhammer to fix properly.
2. The "good" shower was continually being coated with a fresh batch of worms daily.
3. Ants...Ants....Ants....and more Ants. They officially own the house. We are their new tenants. Hopefully we can coexist in peace. And by that I mean that I can single handedly wipe out the entire colony so they will stop running all over our kitchen.
4. Rats. In the garage. In the ceiling. In the walls. I guess they got along with the ants just fine.
5. Cockroaches the size of you index finger. I'm not making this up or overexagerating. They are freakin' huge! One of them began talking to me with a Cuban accent. Okay, that I made up.
6. Termites in the baseboards and generally all over anything else made of wood in the house. The ants tolerate them as well I suppose.
7. Blocked up pipes due to roots that are growing where else but under our street. Which would require a little more than a jackhammer to fix.
8. A front door that fell off. That's right....it just fell completely off the house one day. Termites had eaten it all the way through. It finally got cleaned up today after laying in the front yard for two weeks.
9. One house tenting early this month which officially killed everything living thing in the house. Hoorah!!!
10. However, the tenters did not remove the dead pests after they pumped our house full of who knows how many chemicals. Therefore our house reaked of dead rats for about two weeks or so.
11. The ants did not die. Obviously they are smarter than us, this much is clear. I think the tenting experience just pissed them off becuase there are now more than ever.
12. The house is now filling up with flies becuase of the dead rats. I think that they made a deal with the ants.


Who knows what else will happen throughout the year. I'll keep you posted. That is unless the ants decide that I should not.

4 Comments:

  • That is so funny, but yet it's not. Either it really is funny to you, or you use humor as a coping mechanism.

    By Blogger brandon, at 6:56 AM  

  • Brandon, I am both entertained and annoyed. Bottom line is that I don't pay for all the repairs (that comes from our mission budget...which is now nearly non-existent), I just have to live through them.

    By Blogger Juliet, at 5:14 PM  

  • Sounds like your house on Goethe! Man, you can't get away from places like that.

    By Blogger John, at 11:31 AM  

  • Hey Juls,
    I decided I hadn't visited your blog spot for a while, so I would today. Personally, I don't understand what the problem is. People act like you're complaining or something. I mean, look on the bright side: at least the roaches don't control everything in that city. Next thing you know cranes would be popping up everywhere. To me, it actually seems like home: except you only have two major leaks, and you live with ants and rats instead of spiders and mice. Look, there's nothing wrong with being under the control of the ants. I mean, anything is better than the cockroaches and their pesky yellow houses, right? I mean, sure with ants and spiders you get entangled in webs and plots that are so sticky or deep that you just can't get out of, but we all know that ultimately, the exterminators are powerless and the real people in charge are those that society lives in fear of and would rather see dead, but that's life. I mean, ants or roaches, take your pick, just don't let the decision bug you.

    Jason

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home