absolutely random

Sunday, January 30, 2005

the journeys continue

I have now returned from a weekend stint at clergy kids camp 2005! This was a camp designed for Methodist PK's to come and meet fellow PK's and have fun. I went with the band to this beautiful camp in Leesburg, FL (and if you can tell me where that is I'll give you a dollar....okay a quarter, I'm cheap). It was a great weekend for fellowship with the band members. I hadn't been on a band trip in a few months and really missed the time with the kids and getting the opportunity to bond. We arm wrestled and quoted Napolean Dynamite and just goofed around together a lot. I also got to be a cabin mom for the high school girls cabin and I had a lot of fun meeting all of them.
Oh, I almost forgot about the freakiest part of the whole weekend. Last night I was getting ready for bed and one of the campers comes into the bathroom as well. I had been watching her throughout the day becuase she reminded me of someone and I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally it clicked that she looked just like a girl named Esther that I went to LCC with my first couple of years. So I tell her in a lighthearted way that she reminds me of a girl I went to school with named Esther and asked her if she was Haitian (becuase Esther is). She gets this really odd look on her face and asks me where I went to school (now remember folks I'm in the middle of nowhere in Florida and I'm thinking that this girl probably doesn't even know where IL is on a map....most people down here just see the Midwest as an avoidable blob of states). I say, "Oh a little school called Lincoln Christian College in Illinois...you've probably never heard of it before." Then she thinks for a second and says to me, "that is where my sister Esther went!!" How crazy is that? The Christian world is so tiny sometimes it really does feel like a family....and I love it when that happens.
Anyway...good trip. Fun had by all. Lots of great prayer and conversation. I loved it.

3 Comments:

  • i know where leesburg is. and that is crazy! what's up with bullwinkle?

    By Blogger John, at 12:58 PM  

  • That is so crazy! I remember taking Ingy's speech class with her . . . we all laughed alot! It was a pretty small night class, so he let us goof off sometimes!

    By Blogger Jarretts, at 10:20 AM  

  • no mel....i can't go to guatamala in june (although that would totally ROCK)

    shannon...i can't believe you know where Leesburg is. congratulations, you're check is in the mail.

    emily....the haitian sensation is finishing her masters, living in the Tampa area (I think), and getting married in July! Gosh!(with Napolean accent)

    By Blogger Juliet, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home